Threenaps

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Barbados Day 8 – Is it going to rain all day?

Monday morning it rained quite hard up to just before 8am, the road turned into a river at times. There is a taxi just outside here and every morning at about 6.30am a guy comes along and washes it, even this morning he was out there cleaning away, sheltering from the rain each time it came. About 8am I take my clothes to the laundry, you could probably lean out of the window and throw the bag in through the laundry doorway, it’s that close. Beki is out at the Gallery and Sam’s on the Radio and I’m just taking it easy.

At 10am my clothes have been washed, dried, and folded ready for me to collect, what a good service. I take a leisurely stroll along the road up to the supermarket and the tax free shop and drop in to Mojo’s for a couple of beers. This bar has walls covered in pictures of old rock stars, Janis Joplin, Keith Richards, the Beatles, Bob Dylan and of course Bob Marley, and many others. Mojo’s has recently been taken over by friends of Beki and Sam’s but they have kept the décor the same.

On the way back there is a washing line strung up between 2 trees with tee shirts for sale, Bob Marley and Che Guevara being on 90 per cent of them, I’ve never seen anyone buying anything here.

At Rockley beach I’m pleased to see that “I’m here to help you” is not there to help me and I get some lunch to take home from the food truck. For only 10 BBD’s you get a plate full of whatever is being sold, it was enough for both Sam and I and we sat on the veranda as the next load of rain came across. This time I couldn’t see the ocean which is only 150 yards away. I read my book for awhile and play on Sam’s guitar.

Later I get down to the beach which is quite empty, only two fat old women at the hotel beach bar, I don't go there. Then I went up to the garage to pick up some beers to drink during the next rainfall.

Just another lazy Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home