Threenaps

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Barbados Day 4 – Photo Shoot, Green Monkeys and Rum Punch

Yesterday Beki fired me as her assistant because I forgot to remind her to get some prints done but this morning I was reinstated and promoted to Lighting Assistant, We arrived at this large house up in St Joseph’s parish to take some shots of an artists work for a magazine article, and she had to take photos of 8 paintings. This house was amazing; most of the rooms were huge, bigger even than the office I work in back in England. The Studio was up on the 1st floor and there was a huge veranda which overlooked the sugar cane fields and various fields belonging to the farm next door.

The green monkeys were climbing up the breadfruit trees, and then going down across the road into a sugar cane field. Green Monkeys are quite malicious and the artist told us about one of them that lived up in the nature reserve. Apparently up there they breed rabbits, mostly as food for the large snakes they keep, and this particular monkey enjoyed leaping onto a rabbits back, grabbing both its ears with one hand and then spanking the rabbit on its backside with its other hand, and then as the rabbit took off would dig its feet in and ride on it Kieran Fallon style.

Well this being Barbados, I’d say that was quite plausible. After we finished the shoot we went back home and I then made up some Rum Punch. Sam swears that my Rum Punch is the best on the island and I have to say that 2 of those and you are fighting fit.

There are many sides to Barbados, I guess that mostly people from Europe see it as a tropical paradise but there are other sides to it which I am lucky to see. I’ll write more about all that another day before I consume any Rum Punch. Tonight I eat Marlin...... I didn’t fancy the thoroughbred rabbit that was on the menu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home