Threenaps

Monday, October 02, 2006

Barbados Day 1 - A day of Three Halves.

Today has been a long day, whether it is measured in English time or Bajan time. When I measure it in Bajan time it take on a certain surrealness, waking up at 2am in the Hilton Hotel Gatwick and upon boarding the plane at 6am I find the flight attendent handing me a glass of champagne to drink. Two hours later I have eaten a three course dinner washed down with four glasses of red wine and finished off with a Baileys to compliment the coffee.....all before 8am. I must have a word with Virgin Atlantic about their meal timing.

Amazingly upon arrival at Grantley Adams airport at 2pm I find efficiency has taken over, and I'm out of the airport into a taxi and at Beki and Sams by 3pm. Even the immigration official was in a good mood asking me how I am. Sam says rum and lime juice is available and I consume a whole load before Beki arrives home at 6pm. I discover that I have joined the techno age when I find that my 30 quid mobile phone does work outside England and instead of Orange I am able to use either Cable and Wireless or Digicel networks.

Just as I think I'm going to have an easy time eating dinner and forcing a final rum and lime down my throat, Sam says he needs a photo of some young lady in her bikini and off we go to the other side of Oistens so that Beki can take a photo of this future actress posing in her bikini in the dark. I tried to get Beki to take a photo of the aforesaid person sitting in a Christine Keeler pose but it was not deemed suitable.

Eventually we ate and now I'm having my final Rum and Lime.

1 Comments:

  • i cant believe you consummed all that alcohol in all that heat! you must be completely barmy! :)
    and how is my lovely neice?

    By Blogger laveene, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home